Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Colin Powell

Evan Johnson
Deforest Westry
09/30/08


Colin Powel

1) They visited top hill Jamaica because that’s where Colin Powel is from and where most of his family lives now
2) They got into the jeep and drove until the road became too narrow then got out and walked to the camp where he saw his family. He instantly knew that it was his family without being told.
3) It seemed quite a while because he had to take a jeep for a while then walk for fifteen minutes even after getting out of the jeep.
4) There were several groups, some wore old battered cloths and others wore nice colorful cloths. There were old young and middle aged people that came out to greet him, and he treated them all with respect.
5) He just had that feeling he has the intuition and see it in their faces.
6) He reacted this way because he hadn’t seen his family ever; it was a great feeling and event to finally see all of his family after all these years. I would probably react the same way, I would be really excited and glad to see everyone
7) No all of my extended family lives close by me or close by my dad so I always see them whenever I visit.
8) I can’t think of a time where I have ever met someone important but I hope one day to, because it is an exciting feeling to meet someone you can brag about meeting or say the name and everyone knows it.
9) “we arrived at top hill, the land of my fathers birth” is the topic sentence for the second paragraph and the first paragraph doesn’t really have a clear topic sentence.

No comments: